Recreate a restaurant classic for a great Sunday Supper or family meal.Print Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Marinara Sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Basil thinly sliced
- Gather the ingredients together and create a little assembly line. Put the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them. Pound the chicken breasts with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/2-inch thick.
- Put the flour in a shallow platter and season with . salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly. In a wide bowl, combine the eggs and water, beat until frothy. Put the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and oregano on a plate, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high flame in a large oven-proof skillet. Lightly dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, and then dip them in the egg wash to coat completely, letting the excess drip off, then dredge in the bread crumb mixture. When the oil is nice and hot, add the cutlets and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and crusty, turning once.
- Ladle the marinara sauce over the chicken and place slices of mozzarella on top, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan, and basil. Bake the Chicken Parmesan for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.